Getting a Library Card
If your photo ID does not have your current address, you may bring in any of the following items:
* valid voter registration card
* computer generated bank statement or government notification issued in applicant's name within the last 60 days
* computer generated utility, credit card, or doctor/hospital bill issued in the applicant's name within the last 60 days
* change of address confirmation from USPS (P.O. Box is not acceptable)
* property tax receipt issued in applicant's name.
A person who lives outside of Shelby County may apply for a $30.00 nonresidential card for use of material from this library and any other Evergreen Library (complete listing of Evergreen Libraries). Anyone is also eligible to apply for a Public Library Access Card (PLAC) which enables individuals to use any public library in the state of Indiana for $50.00. Approved photo ID and proof of current local address must be shown to apply for PLAC and nonresidential cards. PLAC cards are only available to individuals with a valid home library card from within the state of Indiana. Both types of cards must be renewed every year.